GYNMED Kardakis - gynecological medical practice at Corfu
After specialist training and work experience in Sweden and Switzerland, Spyros Kardakis has opened the gynecologic medical practice “GYNMED Kardakis” in Corfu town. The practice offer a wide range of advanced and safe health services with high quality. The work is evidence based and according to international medical guidelines. The focus is on each patient's individual needs and the right to information about her own health.
Spiros Kardakis is gynecologist and obstetrician, as well as a certified advanced surgeon in laparoscopy. He previously worked at the University Hospital in Uppsala Sweden with, among other things, infertility. He has also worked as senior consultant of the gynecologic and obstetric department at OBV / EOC in Switzerland as well as senior house officer at the breast center EOC/EUSOMA. He has participated in numerous continuous education courses, workshops and conferences with own scientific presentations. He is also certified in obstetrical ultrasound by the Fetal Medicine Foundation in London, member of the Swedish Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the European Society of Gynecological Endoscopic Surgery etc.
Pregnancy controls and delivery in accordance with international guidelines:
- Controls of the normal development of the fetus / baby and of you as a woman during pregnancy.
- Lifestyle and health during pregnancy- including physical activity, diet, smoking and alcohol.
- Obstetric ultrasound of the fetus / baby - development and growth, with the possibility of 4D image.
- Management of risk pregnancies.
- Nuchal translucency and certified risk assessment for chromosomal abnormalities (e.g. Down) from the Fetal Medicine Foundation, London.
- CTG – controls / stress test.
- Information on vaginal delivery, cesarean section and possibilities of managing pain.
- Delivery / caesarean section and recovery in a private clinic.
- Follow up and control after delivery.
- Information and support to breastfeed.
- Gynecological examination
- Pap smear
- Gynecological ultrasound
- Colposcopy of CIN stages / cell abnormalities
- Contraceptive counselling
- Abortion counselling
- Investigation and treatment of infertility
- Endometriosis – investigation, diagnose, treatment
- Different conditions of pain – investigation and diagnose
- Investigation and mini -invasive treatment of urinary incontinence (TVT)
- Traditional 'open' surgery
- Breast control / biopsy / surgery
For an appointment or information you can either call us on (+30) 2661 30 25 78 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to our practice at: I. Romanou 6A (next to the tennis court in the city center).